A classic Greek nutty, sweet, and indulgent dessert that's easy to make.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate (cut into pieces or chips)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup The Nutlers tahini
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup whole hazelnuts (roasted)
- 1 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 cups of Classic Halvas Drapetsonas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 6 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Place your chocolate pieces in a stainless steel bowl and place them over a pot with water. Turn heat to medium and stir the chocolate with a spatula until melted.
- Add the cocoa powder, tahini and orange zest and stir in.
- Take off the heat and add the hazelnuts and dried cherries, stir in.
- Chop the sesame halva into large chunks and add into the bowl, stir in.
- At this point, you may either place on a sheet of parchment paper and wrap the mixture and form into a log or line a 12-inch long loaf pan with parchment, fill it with the mixture, and cover with overhanging parchment.
- Place in the fridge for 3 hours to set.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate sauce by adding all the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a small pot and turn heat onto medium while stirring. Add chocolate chips once it begins to boil, take off the heat, and stir until chocolate has melted. Allow to cool uncovered.
- Take your Mosaico out of the fridge and unwrap parchment and carefully place it on a long platter.
- Spoon enough chocolate sauce to cover the top and drape nicely over the sides. Top with chopped hazelnuts.
- Serve thin slices with vanilla ice cream and top with a sour cherry spoon sweet.
Enjoy! For more recipes like this, visit Chef Peter Minaki's website.