No Products in the Cart
Chef Alex, The Aproned Greek, brings us a delicious Middle Eastern dip with Mediterranean flare to enjoy as a starter or as a side to a delightful summer meal.
- 4 medium beets
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon Meligyris Pure Pine Thyme Honey
- 3 tablespoons Philotimo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt, coriander
- pine nuts
- 50 gr blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash the beets, place them on a foiled pan and roast for an hour (or until they are soft)
- Once they've cooled, cut them into cubes
- In a food processor, combine the yogurt, crushed garlic, olive oil, beets, salt and coriander and blend until smooth
- Place the mixture into a bowl, add the honey and mix well
- Roast the pine nuts for ten minutes
Add pine nuts and blue cheese on top of the beets, and enjoy with some veggies or pita bread!
Recipe by Chef Alex Papadopoulos. For more delicious recipes follow him on Instagram @theapronedgreek.